Field Application Engineer - Korea
The Field Application Engineer will be responsible for Crocus’ technical objectives in Korea, including opportunity identification, product deployment/support, and all other aspects required to meet company targets in Korea.
The candidate must be proactive and understand productive while working in alignment with the philosophies, values and strategies of Crocus Energy in a high-growth start-up environment.
The Field Application Engineer will be a highly technical problem solver who understands system architecture, hardware and software interaction.
- Assist with proposal development for professional services, preparing and managing scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Interpreting specifications, automation descriptions, and client feedback
- Interpreting power system, control system, construction, and installation drawings
- Developing Power Saver system design, functional descriptions and training manuals
- Planning and coordinating detailed aspects of engineering work
- Installing, commissioning, and startup control systems at customer sites
- Interacting with software developers, contractors, clients, and facility operators
- Supporting and troubleshooting Power Saver and associated automation systems remotely and at customer sites
- 5+ years documented experience in industrial or utility control and automation systems
- BS degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Ability to speak, read and write both Korean and English in a business setting
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites for project scoping, commissioning and startup
- Expertise with Rockwell, GE, Schneider, Siemens and/or other similar automation platforms and associated hardware devices (e.g. RTUs, PLCs etc.)
- Expertise with Rockwell, Siemens, Inductive Automation, and/or other SCADA/HMI platforms.
- Experience desired in power system automation technologies such as electric relays and control devices
- Working knowledge of construction techniques for startup and commissioning of control systems
- Knowledge of and experience with local and wide-area networking for automation and control applications
- Knowledge of calibrating and configuring instrumentation
- Ability to develop and communicate technical information to both clients and customers
- Knowledge of
- Linux (RHEL7, Centos 7 preferred)
- Docker or any application virtualization
- Bash command line
- MySQL (or equivalent)
- Scripting languages
- Networking (setting up wireless access points, firewalls)
- Experience with software and IT hardware troubleshooting
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- Frequent travel required, both regional and international in support of sales and deployment
- All prospective employees must pass a background check and drug test
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.